The Lair of the Black Enchantress
- With Grenade needing to go and do something else, Stretch back from work joins Air-Girl to investigate the Cattery. She fly’s over to the roof and looks in the windows, all seems deserted. In the grounds she see’s the cattery buildings seemingly empty and tiger sized household cats roaming the grounds in two prides.
- Air-Girl flys back to Stretch and they discuss plans for getting in, they know that the Enchantress uses people transformed into monsters to defend areas so are thinking that the cats are one and the owners might be another. Air-Girl then fly’s both of them to the roof.
- Stretch removes some tiles and drops into the attic while Air-Girl finds the chimney. Once in the attic Stretch looks around, finding a normal attic area with old items dust and spiders.
- Stretch opens the floor hatch and drops down to the top floor, this has a light amount of dust, the rooms are all empty and it looks like a couple and their adult child lives here.
- Air-Girl floats down the dirty chimney to the ground floor, where she finds a open plan kitchen, dinning room and louge with a covering of dust and mouldy food.
- While Stretch makes his way down stairs, Air-Girl notices air movement coming from behind a office door. She looks under the door and see’s three horrors in the smashed up office. They are vaguely humanoid with a tail, claws and wings.
- She finds Stretch and they decide what to do
- Air-Girl sucks all the air out of the office until the horrors pass out from lack of oxygen. While Stretch finds stuff to tier them up with.
- Stretch ties the horrors up as Air-Girl allows the air back in.
- Air-Girl finds the office laptop and manages to get it to work and get into its files.
- She investigates the files and finds that the cattery was built over a underground WWI ammo dump, there must be a covered way in they think. She then sends a email to MI6 to update them.
- Air-Girl uses her air senses to find the entrance to the underground area. However the breathing of Stretch and the monsters are interfering.
- Air-Girl sends Stretch and the monsters out of the office are so make it easier to follow any air currents.
- Slowly filtering the moving air she finds that a small amount of air is coming from around a trapdoor below the carpets. The trapdoor is steels set into concrete with a small hole in one edge.
- The hole is the access point for a mechanical lock which stretch opens by stretching and turning his finger into a key to fit.
- The trapdoor opens to show a sloping corridor heading down into the darkness. Air-Girl floats downwards.
- She floats down 50′ and sees some soft coloured light ahead, she rounds a left bend and sees that the area ahead is bathed in this soft coloured light. She can see two doorways ahead on the left.
- Air-Girl goes back and picks up Stretch and fly’s him down to the area of light. as they enter the area they feel very sleepy and fall to the ground sleeping.
- A whole day comes and goes with the heroes sleeping chained to the wall in a small room with a steel wall and door in it.
- Next day comes and they wake chained to the wall in a large cavern with water running past its furthest part. The Black Enchantress is standing near by and there are 4 others chained down by the water, one of them is Donna Dr Avery’s granddaughter. The Enchantress tells them they have woken just in time. She knew they would come, heroes always have, but they are to late all they can do now is see the fruits of her work. I have the scrolls and I have the subjects now I will make the beings which will give me control of Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Watch and see your doom.
- The Black Enchantress heads towards the other prisoners and the scrolls on a table. She picks up the scrolls and power flows from her into the scrolls.
- Stretch tries to free himself using his escapology, while Air-Girl tries to activate her powers, both find their powers do not work but skills do.
- The scrolls emit power at the other prisoners, the coloured energy swirls round each of them.
- Air-Girl and Stretch both try again to get free or activate their powers and fail.
- The two heroes try again, stretch gets his shrinking to start working but that will not free more than his arms and legs. Air-Girl gets his air control working but it will be a while before it is at full power.
- Just then Doctor Arcane appears in shimmering form before them and frees their shackles and restores their powers.
- Stretch reacts fast, thanks to his martial arts training, he extends his arms and grasps the B/E. Doing so causes pain to him as her defence field around her activates.
Air-Girl activates her powers and creates a air wall around the now screaming prisoners shrouded in mystic energy.
Living Fire attacks the air-wall with a stream of fire.
Terra moves through the rock floor and appears in front of the heroes, she then calls forth a massive rock to throw. Stretch pulls the B/E back in front of him as protection as the rock smashes into the area. Air-Girl only takes a glancing hit as does Stretch while the Enchantress’s force field takes all of the impact for her.
The Enchantress uses her mind powers to take control of Stretch who lets her go.
- Stretch tries to grab Air-Girl but she is a difficult person to hold onto.
Air-Girl uses an Air-blast on the Enchantress.
Living Fire smashes the Air-Wall down with more streams of fire.
Hydro who had moved into the stream sends a Tidal Wave roaring into the cavern, smashing into all and putting Living Fire out.
Terra throws another bolder at Air-Girl and Hydro, Air-Girl again avoiding a serious hit while Hydro just lets the rock go through him.
The Enchantress puts her force field back up as the wave took it down.
- Stretch again tries to grab Air-Girl but she is still to flitting for him to get a hold of.
She blasts the Enchantress again.
The Enchantress waits and watches.
Terra throws another rock at Air-Girl with no effect.
Living Fire reignites and lets Hydro have a jet of living fire, this has little effect.
Hydro lets another wave lose which finishes Living Fire for good and smashes into each of the others.
- Stretch again tries to grab Air-Girl and fails again.
Air-Girl blasts the Enchantress again.
The Enchantress again puts her force field up again as Air-Girls last blast took it down.
Hydro lets another wave go, hitting all.
- Suddenly the air in the cavern swirls and a insubstantial figure appears vaguely looking like Donna, with a rending scream of the air she lets go a blast of Air, Lighting and Heat at the Enchantress. The Enchantress disappears in the maelstrom.
- As this happens Doctor Arcane appears again and says save her.
Has the Enchantress been destroyed or just teleported away?
- The Living Fire is dead, her name was Anglia, her family will need to know that she has been found dead.
Hydro and Terra both disappear into the water of ground.
- Back at the mansion they find a dead Doctor Arcane, it looks like his heart has given out.
Next to him is a note. ‘To the heroes known as SAGA please find and save my granddaughter. While you do I leave my house and funds in trust for you to use. If Donna is found then she will regain control of the trust otherwise the trust remains for the use of the SAGA group for enable their fight against evil of all types.”
- A somber group stand around a grave, the stone says here lays Professor Avery also known as Doctor Arcane. He died fighting for justice as he had for most of his life.